Now you can use the WordPress Dashboard for adding products to your WooCommerce store. Follow these steps to add a simple product in WooCommerce:
- Log in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, click Products, which will expand and give additional
- Click Add New in the expanded Products menu.
- Fill-out the Product name field with the name of your product.
- In the large text box, enter a Description of the product.
In the Product data section, complete the following:
- Check the virtual or Downloadable box, if either applies to your product.
- On the General tab set a price for the product in the Regular price box.
- Look through the remaining tabs and complete any parts that are relevant to the
- Next, enter a Product short description, which will typically appear next to an image
- of the item on your store.
- On the right-hand side of the page, in the Product categories section, check the
- box for any related categories.
- Note-If you have not already added a section, then click Add a sector to do so
- Click the Save Draft or Publish button near the top-right.
- You can make changes to the product’s settings at any time.
- For more detailed information about managing product types, categories, and tags, check out this WooCommerce documentation.
- If you want to add a product with several options like a T-Shirt of different sizes, later on, review WooCommerce documentation on variable products.